Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Zinful Jill's Beachbody Journey - Welcome!

Welcome to my latest blog, Zinful Jill's BeachBody Journey!  Why am I doing this blog?  Really, just so I can track my own success, and maybe give you some motivation to start your own journey.

A little bit about me - I've been happily married for about 21 years (it'll be 21 years in about 2 weeks).  We have 2 teen boys, who I can no longer blame for my increased weight.  Seriously, it's no excuse!  I work full time as an assistant manager in a billing department for a large radiology group, so sitting at my desk all is partially to blame to for some of this.  My poor eating habits, probably more so.

So, there I am, "pushing maximum density" (as John Bender would say, if you're around my age, you should know where this came from) and feeling tired all the time, feeling unattractive, and feeling sad.  At that point, I'm about 5 pounds away from my full pregnancy weight.  I know what a lot of people are thinking...  'what weight'... 'you're so skinny'...  'I wish I was as skinny as you'...   Ok, they weren't just thinking it, they're saying it.  Here's the fact - I am a long time skinny person who's clothes don't fit anymore, who can see all my rolls (that you don't see because I'm really good at keeping them covered), who can't just suck it in any longer.  And, I simply don't want to gain MORE weight than I already have.  So, stop judging. 

Enter Beachbody's Health Bet Challenge.  I needed this push.  I saw on Facebook that someone else was doing it, so I decided to check it out.  The deal was Beachbody was giving away over $1,000,000,000.00 to everyone who participating (following certain rules where you had to log a certain number of Shakeology shakes and workouts each week - the workouts did NOT have to be Beachbody workouts).

I found myself a BB Coach and ordered my supplies.  I ordered a PiYo Challenge Pack with the Barista Pack Shakeology (Chocolate, Vanilla & Cafe Latte).  The challenge ran September 5th through October 2nd.  In that time, I didn't follow the PiYo Workouts as laid out.  My addiction to regular yoga classes always takes priority, and some days I would just walk.  I did my best to following a clean eating plan as came in the PiYo eating guide.

If you are interested in the PiYo Challenge Pack, please Click Here.  You can choose what flavor Shakeology you'd like, and you get me as your coach, YAY!



Finally, for today...  my disclaimer...  after completing the healthbet challenge, I did decide to become a Beachbody coach.  I do receive a commission or discount on all products, but I spend my own money on these products because they work. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment